[pmwiki-users] pagelist is creating links relative to the current group?

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Wed May 24 11:13:45 CDT 2006

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 05/24/06 11:26 AM >>>
So, when generating a link to the "group home" and no group home
page exists, we don't have any real way of knowing what name to
choose, and so far I've been reluctant to impose a choice upon
sites.  Some sites seem to prefer the XYZ.XYZ form of group home,
while others prefer XYZ.HomePage.  (There are situations where each
is more appropriate than the other, which is why PmWiki allows a
choice.)

However, the present situation of having a group home inadvertently
link into the current group is worse than nothing, so we need
to fix it.

Does anyone have an idea about how PmWiki can select an appropriate
name for the group home when no default page exists for the group?
Should we just say that PmWiki always defaults to "XYZ.XYZ" in
this case, or ... ?

Couldn't the defaulting behavior be set in config.php, with both options presented explicitly but commented out?  Then you can add "select your default homepage naming convention" to the page on initial configuration and you're set.

David