[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [@..@] ?)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 25 16:36:16 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:16:34PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 01:45:47PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Another way of doing it is to define a local css class in pub/css/local.css:
> >
> >     .pre { font-family:monospace; white-space:pre; }
> >
> > and then do
> >
> >     >>pre<<
> >     $ run this command
> >     ''see this italicized output''
> >     >><<
>
> This isn't working.  Every blank line creates two blank lines in the output
> because the wiki is putting <p> tags around the paragraphs.  Any way to
> defeat that?  Or at least some CSS to disable the extra line?

Normally PmWiki expects <p> tags to not generate vertical
space, so there must be a customization that is overriding things
there.  You can see that it works fine for me at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PreWithFormatting .

But assuming you need <p> tags to be generating vertical space,
the "quick" solution might be to remove that vertical space inside
of a >>pre<< block:

    .pre p { margin:0; }