[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [@..@] ?)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu May 25 17:01:02 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 04:36:16PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Normally PmWiki expects <p> tags to not generate vertical
> space, so there must be a customization that is overriding things
> there.  You can see that it works fine for me at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PreWithFormatting .

Actually, I'm so close to bone stock it would scare you.  Right now the
total customizations are the inclusion of 'httpauth' script and the
'newpageboxplus' cookbook, and this one and only one CSS class.

I'm trying really hard to remain stock ;-)  We already maintain too much
customized internal code.

> But assuming you need <p> tags to be generating vertical space,
> the "quick" solution might be to remove that vertical space inside
> of a >>pre<< block:
>
>     .pre p { margin:0; }

Eh?  I may be reading this wrong, but actually no I don't want vertical
space from p tags.  (code is right but description wrong?)

Actually, I wish that it wasn't putting p tags around the block at all, but
I don't quite know how to avoid that

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek