[pmwiki-users] (:subtitle:) markup

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sun May 28 00:13:14 CDT 2006

> [...] look at [...] (:description:) [...]
> But more directly, why not just put the subtitle directly in
> the page, as in...?
>     !!Subtitle

I do like simple pages, with not that much design.
Something like http://www.kirpi.it/firefox/dhtmltree or
http://www.kirpi.it/germania/germania just to make some examples.
(They are old pages, and here is right where pmwiki comes in :-)

I'm just content with a title, a subtitle, and some content.

In order to let the title appear where usually the logo does, I found
that a simple setting in the pmskin template was sufficient.
And the same I thought was possible for a subtitle.

Here is why I was asking for it.
If I write !!Subtitle on a page while editing it, it shows nearly as a
second title, which is not what I want, actually.

Am I wrong, in this approach? Could there be some other, simpler solutions?
If not, I will most probably follow your (and Hagan's) suggestion, and
adopt  the (:description:) markup.

Luigi