[pmwiki-users] ccommentboxplus update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 12:52:53 CST 2006

Thursday, November 2, 2006, 3:44:47 PM, marc wrote:

> When you change
>   SDV($NoCommentMessage, '$[Please enter a comment to post]');
>   SDV($NoCommentMessage, 'Please enter a comment to post');
> then the $[] disappear - no big surprise after it's been removed.

It seems that the XL function does not do the conversion in your case,
or does not work at all when the script runs.

>> onsubmit='return checkform(this);'
>>
>> But we can't generically allow javascript being added to a form input
>> markup directive. Which leaves the formcheck being done only with
>> (:commentbox:) markup. And the cboxcheck markup can be scrapped.
>
> Well, I find it useful. I don't use your form - I override it thus:
>
>   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus.tmpl");
>   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus.php");
>
> where the .tmpl defines $CommentBoxFmt.

Oh so you put "onsubmit='return checkform(this);'" into your custom
format, and not into a form constructed with (:input ...:) directives.
You don't use (:cboxcheck:) then? There would not be any need if you
use a redefined $CommentBoxFmt.

Hans