[pmwiki-users] ccommentboxplus update

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Nov 2 09:44:47 CST 2006

Hans said...
> Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 2:16:10 PM, marc wrote:
>
> > SDV($NoCommentMessage, '$[Please enter a comment to post]');
> > SDV($NoAuthorMessage, '$[Please enter your name as author]');
> > SDV($NoCodeMessage, '$[Please enter the code number]');
>
> > The $[] display in the error messages when using cboxcheck
>
> > Probably because of the Keep here:
>
> >   Markup('cboxcheck', '>block', '/\\(:cboxcheck:\\)/', Keep
> >    ($CommentBoxCheckFmt));
>
> Marc, the messages display fine with me. Can you give more details?

Sure, the HTML output is:

   <script type='text/javascript' language='JavaScript1.2'>
     function checkform ( form ) {
         if (form.text && form.text.value == "") {
           window.alert( '$[Please enter a comment to post]' );
           form.text.focus();
           return false ;
         }
         if (form.author && form.author.value == "") {
           window.alert( '$[Please enter your name as author]' );
           form.author.focus();
           return false ;
         }
         if (form.access && form.access.value == "") {
           window.alert( '$[Please enter the code number]' );
           form.access.focus();
           return false ;
         }
         return true ;
     }
   </script>

When you change
  SDV($NoCommentMessage, '$[Please enter a comment to post]');
  SDV($NoCommentMessage, 'Please enter a comment to post');
then the $[] disappear - no big surprise after it's been removed.

Anyway, removing the Keep() makes no difference, so I'm not sure why the
conversion isn't happening.

> I found that the cboxcheck is pretty useless, and I should let go of
> the idea that you can a simple formcheck when using (:input:) markup
> to construct a commentbox, since the form needs the following inserted:
>
> onsubmit='return checkform(this);'
>
> But we can't generically allow javascript being added to a form input
> markup directive. Which leaves the formcheck being done only with
> (:commentbox:) markup. And the cboxcheck markup can be scrapped.

Well, I find it useful. I don't use your form - I override it thus:

  include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus.tmpl");
  include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus.php");

where the .tmpl defines $CommentBoxFmt.

--
Best,
Marc