[pmwiki-users] How to add a HTML form?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 14:32:20 CST 2006

On 11/14/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 02:03:44AM +0800, Shujun LI wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to add the following form in one PmWiki page:
> >
> > <form action="do.php" target="newWin" method="post">
> > </form>
> >
> > After a search in PmWiki's documents, I only got one indirect way to do so by using IncludeUrl.
> > Does anyone know a better means to achieve this purpose?
>
> Ideally, one would be able to do:
>
>     (:input form action='do.php' target='newWin' method='post':)
>     (:input end:)
>
> Unfortunately, PmWiki doesn't currently allow the 'target'
> attribute in forms.  I'll add this for the next release.
> In the meantime, one can get PmWiki to allow the 'target'
> attribute by doing:
>
>     # $InputAttrs are the attributes we allow in output tags
>     SDV($InputAttrs, array('name', 'value', 'id', 'class', 'rows', 'cols',
>       'size', 'maxlength', 'action', 'method', 'accesskey', 'target',
>       'checked', 'disabled', 'readonly', 'enctype', 'src', 'alt'));

If "target='newWin'" is html-speak for "open in a new window", would
any of the other attributes you listed allow one to dictate the
location and/or dimensions of the new window?

Or is that totally unrelated?

(this is so not fun -- like trying to follow a conversation in a
language I've never studied or been immersed in -- I'm sure it can be
irritating to all y'all to have me insist on trying, and I am sorry
for what are probably frequent blunders)