[pmwiki-users] protecting emails using a graphic - cookbook or core?

Nils Knappmeier nk at knappi.org
Wed Oct 4 03:18:57 CDT 2006

Rodney Blackwell schrieb:
> With spambot scrapers doing everything they can to harvest email
> addresses from sites, maybe it would be worth it to add into the core
> some type of functionality that could protect email addresses.
>
> Any thoughts?

I am using http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MailForm which does not
display the email address directly,
but only presents a web form that can send email to a specified address.
The target address of this form is not written into the wiki markup but
into the config-file, so there is no way for spammers to find your address.

I have to admit that this recipe is rather unmaintained and a bit
confusing at the moment, but it still should work.

Nils