[pmwiki-users] protecting emails using a graphic - cookbook or core?

Rodney Blackwell rodneyb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:43:30 CDT 2006

Hi Nils,

Thanks for the response.

I know of the alternatives, I just prefer the image method because it
seems to work pretty flawlessley :)

I've used contact forms on sites (and still do), but there is a new
"wave" of spammer that goes looking for any type of "form" on a site
and then sends 100s of spam messages with links to spam sites to that
form.

My guess is that they are trying to find a blog or wiki or forum that
they can spam to by posting a link, but once they find a form (any
form), they continue to bombard that form with spam. It has happened
with a website I run that allows URL submissions, it has happened with
a simple contact form I had on another site, it's even happened with a
customer quote request form I had on another site.

--
Rodney