[pmwiki-users] Mailling list Reply-To:

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Oct 4 04:49:31 CDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 10:03:20AM +0200, Oliver Betz wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> is there a prevailing opinion in this list whether the list software
> should set the Reply-To: to the list address or leave it untouched?
>
> IMO the Reply-To: should be set to the list address, because most
> replies should go to the list, and users forget to change the address
> so valuable information is lost.

Noooooo!  *Please* don't.

I am completely against Reply-To munging.  It means that if I really
want to send a private, personal reply to someone, I can't.

And valuable information isn't "lost", it just gets sent to the wrong
person.

Get a decent mail program that has a reply-to-list option (I use mutt,
myself).

Kathryn Andersen