[pmwiki-users] Implementing a survey

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Oct 6 07:00:26 CDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 7:09 AM, Ben Stallings wrote:

> Marco wrote,
>> I need to publish a survey that's currently formatted as a word
>> document.
>
> (To make the survey work for anyone without logging in, where=
> should be
> the primary key field of the table instead; however this would allow
> people to submit the survey multiple times, and if they're sneaky they
> could see other people's surveys, so requiring logins is more secure.)

A nice thing or three about logging in:

I now do:
(:if !auth:)
(:include Main/RegistrationForm:)
(:ifend:)

this puts the login page on the form page -- but unlike sending them
to another page to register or login, this method doesn't change
where the user will end up after they authenticate.  People get
easily distracted ;)

Then I'm not sure exactly how to do this, but if you check if they're
authenticated and their survey results page exists...then they've
already taken the survey!
(:if auth && (exists Group.UserSurveyResult):)
Sorry, only one survey per user.
(:ifend:)
(:if auth && (! exists Group.UserSurveyResult):)
Put the survey here!
(:ifend:)

Crisses