[pmwiki-users] Permissions conundrum, section behaviour

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Oct 6 09:47:21 CDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:35:51AM -0400, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> Regarding the form of the delimiters, although I believe that textblock
> url fragments could be available with a different markup, and that users
> would find the lack of distinction between anchors and textblock
> delimiters confusing ...

We simply stop calling them "anchors" then.  Instead we call them
"text block markers" or "section markers" and simply note that the
first section marker of a given name also provides a target that
urls can use to jump immediately to that marker.  This also
helps the nomenclature for (:include Page#section:) and
(:pagelist fmt=#section:), since we're now referring to
"sections" and not "anchors".

> ...I think the application of the ADT concept in the
> form of a structured extensible interface for generated
> textblocks (ie the functionality) is far more important.

You may be right; but PmWikiPhilosophy #3 tugs at me here,
so I'll just keep the concepts in mind as I implement
?action=insert, comments, and friends.

Thanks!