[pmwiki-users] Google ping service

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 9 14:28:41 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 11:40:48AM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> > > But, while we're on it, why not just go with ISO so as not
> > > to confuse us Americans?[1] (2006-10-09) If we use ISO, then
> > > there won't be the issue between Americans/rest-of-the-world
> > > for dates.
> >
> > FWIW, all of PmWiki's date handling in markup and page names
> > will be using ISO-formatted dates.
>
> What about dd-Mmm-yyyy: 08-Jan-2007? [My preferred format] Nobody
> ever confuses these dates. Will you be supporting these?
>
> ISO formatted dates are still confusing for my users: is
> it? 01/08/07 or 07/01/08 or 01/08/07...

ISO dates are year, month, day, as in:

    2006-10-09
    2006/10/09
    20061009

There's no real room for confusion.  This is already the format
being used by the (:if date ... :) markup.

Again, I'm simply doing this for PmWiki's core date handling --
it's always possible for a local customization to use its own.