[pmwiki-users] "Ghost Pages" in RecentChanges

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 17 08:06:48 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:19:00PM +0100, Steve Glover wrote:
> Is there any way, please, to stop deleted pages showing up in the
> RecentChanges page?
>
> We had a page Documents.ConversionTools visible to all users of our site
> that we replaced by Main.ConversionTools (visible only to logged-in
> users). However, the Documents.RecentPages still shows ConversionTools
> with a questionmark, and we'd really like it not to be visible at all.

Did you mean Documents.RecentPages here, or Documents.RecentChanges?

> Taking the extreme action of deleting the RecentPages page didn't help -
> the ghost page still showed up on searches - and recreating the
> RecentPages page not only didn't magically pick up the changes listed
> before, but ended up formatting the subsequent changes into a very
> narrow column....

When you say "the ghost page still showed up on searches" --
what exactly do you mean?  Do you mean that Documents.ConversionTools
is still showing up in searches?  How exactly was Documents.ConversionTools
"deleted"?

Sorry for all the questions, for some reason this morning I'm having
trouble parsing what's happening here.