[pmwiki-users] Normally formatted blocks/ multi-paragraph definitions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 16:49:12 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:55:26PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 8:53:47 PM, Sendu wrote:
>
> > I want an faq page using the dltoggle cookbook (or similar).
> > I have:
> > http://www.sendu.me.uk/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MassEffect/Faq
>
> > The problem is, the answers to the questions are multiple paragraphs and
> > I don't see a way of getting a multi-paragraph answer to display nicely.
>
> dltoggle will not do what you want, since it is built to handle
> definition lists within a start and end dltoggle markup.
> And you can't have multiple paragraphs as part of a definition, afaik.

Sure you can!  Just indent the subsequent lines so that they're
horizontally aligned with the first character of the "term".

For example,

    : first term : first definition

    : second term : second definition

      this paragraph is also part of the second
      definition, because the first character of
      each line is aligned with the term above it

      yet another paragraph in the second definition

    : third term : third definition

For an online example, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/DefListsWithParas/DefListsWithParas .