[pmwiki-users] Normally formatted blocks/ multi-paragraph definitions

Sendu Bala sendu at sendu.me.uk
Tue Oct 24 17:12:28 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:55:26PM +0100, Hans wrote:
>> Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 8:53:47 PM, Sendu wrote:
>>
>>> I want an faq page using the dltoggle cookbook (or similar).
>>> I have:
>>> http://www.sendu.me.uk/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MassEffect/Faq
>>> The problem is, the answers to the questions are multiple paragraphs and
>>> I don't see a way of getting a multi-paragraph answer to display nicely.
>> dltoggle will not do what you want, since it is built to handle
>> definition lists within a start and end dltoggle markup.
>> And you can't have multiple paragraphs as part of a definition, afaik.
>
> Sure you can!
[snip]
> For an online example, see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/DefListsWithParas/DefListsWithParas .

Ah, great stuff. Thank you very much.

Is there any way to style a particular subset of the paragraphs of the
definition? Eg. for one definition I might want the first 4 paragraphs
to all be encased in a box and/or have a certain background colour,
while the next 2 paragraphs might be normal, then the next 3 paragraphs
might be like the first 4.

(Basically, I want to distinguish quotations in my definitions from
non-quotations.)

I can only get mid-line stylings of %this% sort %% to work.