[pmwiki-users] Is it time for a pmwiki-devel list?

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Fri Oct 27 12:43:12 CDT 2006

Reply to Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> 06-10-27 12:23:

>   This is why I've suggested having a bulletin board, instead
>of a
> mailing list.  A phpbb installation would not be a big deal to set up
> or monitor, I wouldn't think.  It would allow threads to
> self-organize, it would make it easy for people to participate at
> their level of expertise while still having an easy way to "evesdrop"
> or even kibbutz on discussions at other levels.
>   Anyone care to explain why this would not be a good thing?

My answer to this is:

It's a pain to use, it takes a lot of time to follow, I can't
use it off-line

The standard reply to my answer is:

Yeah, but you can subscribe to a RSS feed

My answer to this is:

I've tried this for several mailing lists that have become
forums and it doesn't work for me. The result is the same: I
stop reading the feeds and the forums.

So please keep the mail lists (feel free to combine it with
something gmane) and put the important stuff on the web site
(exactly like it's now)

Personally I think it's probably a good idea to make a separate
dev list.

                 jem