[pmwiki-users] Right to left orientation

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Sep 2 12:42:28 CDT 2006

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 10:17:34AM -0700, John Morris wrote:
> > Help please,
> >
> > Other than marking sections as "%right%", is there a way to treat whole
> > "groups" as Right oriented text for those languages that are read right
> > to left?  Specifically Arabic, in this case.

Hello, John,

I believe you need the dir="rtl" HTML attribute and you have to create a new
skin.

You can do this :

1. Copy your skin folder (eg. ./pub/skins/pmwiki to /pub/skins/pmwiki-rtl)

2. In the folder pmwiki-rtl: Modify the file pmwiki.tmpl:
line 4: <html> to <html dir="rtl">
line 11:<body> to <body dir="rtl">
You may also wish to move your sidebar to the right side of the main content.

3. In the folder pmwiki-rtl: Modify pmwiki.css
line 11-14, after "body{", add "direction: rtl;" (w/o quotes)

Then, when you have to create an ./local/ArabicGroup.php file (named however
is your Group name +".php"), where you write:
<?php
$Skin="pmwiki-rtl";

Good luck,
Petko

P.S. Sorry for not replying directly in the thread, I lost the original
message.