[pmwiki-users] Bibliographies

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Sep 13 17:15:17 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 13 September 2006 10:01 PM, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:

>If (:bibtex:) renders a bibliography, why not call it (:bibliography:), or
>am I missing something here?  (I doubt the casual author will know what
>BibTeX is)

Some possible reasons:

- we are proposing to adopt bibtex markup so there is a case for
  making this explicit

- terse markup is better than verbose markup, so the markup doesn't
  get in the way of the content (as long as the meaning is clear)

- what about (:references:) as an alternative?

But mostly, I haven't really thought about what markup to use yet,
and was just using (:bibtex:) as an illustration...

Would bib(liography)? be acceptable??
--
JR