[pmwiki-users] Cookbook - XesAuthUserDbase

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Wed Sep 20 14:08:28 CDT 2006

I finished version 0.1 of XesAuthUserDbase.

This is stand-alone MySQL authentication.  Postgresql support is not
available (yet).

It incorporates AuthUserDBase, but requires more fields in the mysql
database.

It allows users to create their own accounts without admin involvement.

Users must validate their accounts via links they are sent in email.
Instructions are on the site for admins to fix accounts if validation
isn't working for a user (the link is long).

Users may change their passwords and email addresses.  They may also
request password changes via a form, in case of a lost password, and
validation is provided by email again.

I hope to have a demo site up sometime.  Let me know if the
documentation is too vague.

Thank you,

Crisses