[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Fri Sep 22 12:36:00 CDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:07 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Of course, with appropriate configuration changes, all of these
> approaches are possible.  The question is simply one of choosing
> the appropriate default.

I'm inclined towards "it should always be the current behavior so you
don't break backwards compatibility" but then I remember Windows,
have a couple flashbacks, and go back to being a happy Mac/Linux user
and think "Maybe if it's broken we ought to just fix it".

My opinion:  If someone adds a Category to a page, the Category page
should exist and the category be indexed the way it needs to be
across the site for inclusion on other pages, etc.  That's my
opinion.  Whether I add the page via xmlrpc, email, a recipe, etc.
Anything else seems counter-intuitive and breaks OTHER recipes such
as the wikimedia-like category recipes.

It's what I expect when I program my own recipes... *shrugs*

Crisses