[pmwiki-users] pagelist sort by date not time

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 27 12:30:12 CDT 2006

> Dealing with the creation time is a bit trickier, because dates and
> times are stored as timestamps and not in yyyy-mm-dd form.
> We'd need to handle these specially, and PmWiki doesn't quite have
> the hooks in ?action=attr for that yet.

I don't think that's as much of an issue since PmW stamps it automatically.

In the long run I can see, for example, an administrator wanting to
correct the $LastModifiedDate if a minor edit change caused the page to
be listed out of natural order in some context.

BTW this could be something to place at the *bottom* of your current
priority list: allow prevention of minor edits from changing the
LastModifiedDate, so that listings by date only involve substantial
changes. Are changes currently listed by version or by date on
action=diff? If the latter, suppressing the date stamp or changing the
date could be a problem I suppose...

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann