[pmwiki-users] question about headings

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Wed Aug 22 13:10:59 CDT 2007

Shi Sherebrin wrote:
> Chris Cox wrote:
>> Replacing first header on a page, inside your config.php:
>> (off the top of my head)
>>
>> Markup('^!', 'block',
>>   '/^(!{1,6})\\s?(.*)$/e',
>>   "MyHeadings('$1','$2')");
>>                 return '<:block,1><h'.strlen($exclam).PSS(">First
>> Heading $headertext</h").strlen($exclam).'>';
>
> what a roundabout way to do something that should be possible with just
> straight CSS, but very creative!

As mentioned earlier, CSS can't do this portably.  Now, the style
for the FIRST heading can be changed using the technique I mentioned
and THEN you can use CSS to affect how that class is diplayed...

> ok, I see how the strlen converts the number of !!s into the heading
> level - cute.  Could you please explain to me how the 'block' and
> '<:block,1>' syntax fits into the system?  I'm not familiar with this, a
> pointer to an explanation on some website would be fine.

I think that may be internal to pmwiki.  I merely took the header
markup routine out of stdmarkup.php and made the quick mod to test it
out.