[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Feb 1 18:54:42 CST 2007

On 2/1/07, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> I agree.  And I love this recipe, so I'm not dissing the recipe, but
> since it doesn't provide a total full-blown "hierarchical groups"
> functionality, and probably won't, just a mostly-hg layer over the top
> of the existing stuff, it probably needs a different name.

Thanks!  And yes, this is exactly what it does--provide an hg layer
over the groups.

> A few suggestions:

In my 2 cents these are the better of the options Kathryn suggested...

Hg -- my favorite  :)
PseudoHierarchy
PseudoHG
SubGroups

I also kind of like Mercury.  :) Thanks Neil...

> (As an aside: I've found a problem with the $g1... variables and
> pagelists; they don't work.  I think I know what the problem is -- the
> variables are being set from the current pagename, they aren't taking
> a pagename and processing it -- but I won't be able to work on a fix
> until tonight or tomorrow)

How else would you do it?  You would have to have something created
dynamically  when the pagelist is called.  Is this possible?
Evidently, as various other page variables are available in
pagelists...

Cheers,
Dan