[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 1 19:52:51 CST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 07:54:42PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > A few suggestions:
>
> In my 2 cents these are the better of the options Kathryn suggested...
>
> Hg -- my favorite  :)
> PseudoHierarchy
> PseudoHG
> SubGroups

Of these ones, I think I like "SubGroups" the best, because it's
clearest.

> I also kind of like Mercury.  :) Thanks Neil...

Mercury is fun, though probably confusing. 8-)

> > (As an aside: I've found a problem with the $g1... variables and
> > pagelists; they don't work.  I think I know what the problem is -- the
> > variables are being set from the current pagename, they aren't taking
> > a pagename and processing it -- but I won't be able to work on a fix
> > until tonight or tomorrow)
>
> How else would you do it?  You would have to have something created
> dynamically  when the pagelist is called.  Is this possible?
> Evidently, as various other page variables are available in
> pagelists...

The $FmyPV variable needs to be defined as a call to a function which
takes a group name or a page name as one of the arguments; that means it
is dynamic and will be recalculated appropriately, and will work with
pagelists.

Kathryn Andersen