[pmwiki-users] RTL & bidi text

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 18:49:30 CST 2007

Finally getting back to the RTL issue. I did also notice a test at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/RTL

Arabic words in other text are handled fine, and until now that's pretty
much all I've attempted. Some attempts to fiinally put the Arabic version of
the Casablanca Statement on the wiki (it's about less than optimal results:

(1) text is flush right by default (expected this)
(2) insertion of LTR text causes an odd rearranging of parts of a sentence.

See
http://www.panafril10n.org/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/CasablancaStatementAR.*
I have broken a phrase with "(Kabissa)" in it so that it is 3 separate
lines. If one reconnects those lines, then the two Arabic parts are switched
around.

It may be that putting Arabic or other RTL text in an otherwise LTR language
wiki would require a wikigroup setup? Or can it be done with some other
command like a box? Others' experience is sought.And of course I'm very
interested in knowing the plans and how mixed LTR + RTL text will be
handled.

TIA...

Don

* The original in WIndows-1256 is at