[pmwiki-users] detect new SimpleForum messages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 15:31:09 CST 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 09:21:26PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Thursday, January 4, 2007, 9:07:26 PM, JB wrote:
>
> > So now the RSS feed shows new topics, but it will only show
> > new topics.  If a comment is added to a topic that was already
> > read it does not show up in the RSS feeder.  Is there some way
> > to have it tell the RSS that the topic (page) changed and that
> > it should show up in the RSS newsreader?
>
> There is a way to configure RecentChanges to do just that, if I
> remeber rightly, but I forgot how it was done. Can someone else help
> with this: How to configure RecentChanges to record every single page
> change?

I don't think this is what you really want.  :-)

If RecentChanges is configured to record every page edit as a
separate entry, and RSS feeds are configured to show only ten
entries (the default), and someone edits the same page ten
times in a row, then the RSS feed will end up being a set of
ten links to the same page.

I think the problem is in the newsreader, not in the set of
items that feeds.php is choosing to display from the RecentChanges
trail.  See my previous post in this thread.