[pmwiki-users] Site.SideBar hacked

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 11 15:53:41 CST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:24:17PM -0800, Greg wrote:
>    My Site.SideBar was hacked. I only see this when in the edit mode and I
>    hadn't edited since probably November 2006.

What version of PmWiki are you running?  Older (pre-2.1)
versions of PmWiki had Site.SideBar open for editing even
when the rest of site was protected against edits.

(To find out your PmWiki version, look at the PmWiki.PmWiki
page on your site, or enter {$Version} into a page somewhere.)

If you upgraded from an older version to 2.1 or later,
your Site.SideBar edit password may still be set to
'@nopass'.  If so, simply clear the password, or set it
to '@_site_edit' so that it will use the site-wide edit
password set in local/config.php.

>    Also, what's the best way to fix it. Copy in my back-up file? Or will that
>    break something? I did this and it seems to work OK.

Copying in a backup file is okay, as is restoring an earlier
version of the page.