[pmwiki-users] Redirect to URL (not existing Wiki Page) - possible?

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Thu Jan 11 17:39:31 CST 2007

Quick one for all you knowledgable ones ... using the latest beta of Pmwiki how can I redirect a Wiki Page to another (external) URL - not another Wiki Page?

the markup below is conceptually what I'm after:

(:redirect http://another.site.co.uk :)

Can this be done?

Why do I want to do it?  Well I'm running a random banner ad (on an OpenSource software project site) using 'RandomPage'.  This rotates through a few banner graphics.  If someone clicks on one it goes to a Wiki page which I want to redirect to the external ad page.  I want to go via an intermediate Wiki page because I want to register a hit on my Wiki page so I can look at my web logs to get a quick click count for each banner.  I'm sure there are better ways to do this.

-Steve.
P.S: Obviously there is a small security concern here however I did intend to password protect the couple of pages that would redirect to an external web site.