[pmwiki-users] New Hierarchical Groups Recipe...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Jan 31 11:28:31 CST 2007

On 1/31/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, January 31, 2007, 3:08:27 PM, The wrote:
>
> > A quick announcement that I just released the Hierarchical Groups
> > recipe I've been working on.
>
> > See:  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Hg
>
> Could that be please be put on a page named
> Cookbook.HierarchicalGroups
> instead of the cryptic abbreviation "Hg"?

I went ahead and created the page and did a temporary include from Hg.
 I didn't use the full name as I was under the impression Pm would one
day create his own Hg system.  But if he gives the go ahead, I'll
delete Hg, and just use the one HierarchicalGroups page.

Also, added it to the recipe list on the cookbook homepage.

As for Neil's noticed conflict with the NoScript Firefox extension, I
have no idea what the problem might be.  There's nothing hokey in the
recipe, just resetting standard PmWiki fmt variables, etc.  Perhaps Pm
or someone can help with this.

Lastly, I noticed when I go to just index.php without entering the
?n=Group.Name, certain aspects of the script fail. I did a workaround
on my site by adding:

if ($pagename == NULL) $pagename = "Main.HomePage";

to config.php just before calling Hg, and that fixes it.  But as I
suspect there may be other situations that cause a similar problem,
maybe someone can explain how to get the pagename set properly in Hg
itself.  Maybe:

$pagename = ResolvePageName() or something.

Interestingly enough, I have longstanding problem with ZAP that causes
it to fail when clean urls are enabled.  I suspect it may be the same
issue.  It would be great to fix both...

Cheers,
Dan