[pmwiki-users] Block Link Creation in Specific Groups?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jan 31 14:23:23 CST 2007

This goes against the grain of "wiki culture" but
I would like to block the creation of relative-links/new-pages
in certain groups, where those groups are more for "display"
and any actual new content  should  only be done in the "official groups"

Context:

A ZAP form creates TO DO pages.. with $FullName name like:

ToDo-YSBH.1034

where there is  the "real" group of pages for Yogaswami Boy's Home
  (an orphanage in Sri Lanka)  where the group is

YSBH.*

Problem:

Users are complaining that they want to "edit" the TO DO page and add
notes there. OK that's easily done by allowing the edit option for  that
group.

But! -- a "disintegration" problem arises:

If  someone is on this page: "ToDo-YSBH.1034" and they create
a relative link: [[New Classroom Construction]]
we end up with a page:

ToDo-YSBH.NewClassroomConstruction

Which is "orphaned" from the "GrandDad" group,
where, what we really want is:

YSBH.NewClassroomConstruction

Solution:

To Be Determined.

But for starters if I could just block users from
making links in any group "ToDo*"
then they will be forced to click on a "reference" link I have which
sends them back to the GrandDad group, then from there they make
their new page.

I suspect this is asking for the impossible since it would
require a virtual runtime policemen to bark at anyone typing
[[new link]] in the edit form....

ideas?

In  Peace

Sivakatirswami