[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Tue Jul 24 14:02:53 CDT 2007

"Most certainly, the local/authuser directory itself is missing..."

Does this mean that I should create this directory manually?

Further on the issue of single-signon and authentication:

Is there a recommended method of logon between the following:

1.      AuthUser with hardcoded userid's and passwds in the wiki

2.      AuthUser with LADP access for existing userids + passwords

3.      Single-Signon with mod_auth_sspi in apache

I am running Apache on Windows XP and my understanding is that each of
these options are possible for my setup.

I will appreciate any help on making this decision.

Thanks.

On 7/23/07, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:

> List/Dafure,

> I am not a programmer. I am trying to teach myself php as I do this.

> I am trying to activate the htpasswdform recipe on my wiki (Pmwiki
V2.2.0

> beta59 on Apache on windowsXP), which is an information repository for
my

> office. I want new users to be able to set-up their own passwords.

> I have tried to follow the directions on the recipe page. There is a
long

> list of configurations which I don't understand. My

> local/Site.HtpassForm.php looks like this:

> <?php

> # Password forms

> $EnableHtpassword = 1;

> $EnableHtgroup = 1;

> $HtpasswordNewUsers = 1;

> # Use local/.htpasswd for usernames/passwords

> $AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'local/authuser/.htpasswd';

> # Use local/.htgroup for group memberships

> # $AuthUser['htgroup'] = 'local/authuser/.htgroup';

> include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

> # HTpassword form for password/authentication management

> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/htpasswdform.php");

> When I try to test the user/passwd creation, I get the following
message:

> Warning: fopen(local/authuser/.htpasswd) [function.fopen]: failed to
open

> stream: No such file or directory in

> C:\wiki\wiki\cookbook\htpasswdform.php on line 541

> Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in

> C:\wiki\wiki\cookbook\htpasswdform.php on line 542

> Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in

> C:\wiki\wiki\cookbook\htpasswdform.php on line 547

> I will appreciate any help on this. Or, if someone could share a
sample of

> their php file, it would be most helpful.

> By the way, I tried to install the Single-SignOn recipe but was unable

> install it. Does htpasswdform and Single-SignOn work together?

> Thanks a lot!

You're almost done ;-)

The warning messages (deliberatly not buried) indicate that the recipe

couldn't write the destination files. Most certainly, the

local/authuser directory itself is missing...

The Cookbook/SingleSign-On recipe is a way to "overload" PmWiki's

alternate authentication scheme based on the HTTP Basic authentication

protocol, using Windows authentication data thru compatible browsers:

This mostly relies on server configuration and is transparent for

PmWiki itself.

--

Dominique