[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:22:43 CDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:

> "Most certainly, the local/authuser directory itself is missing..."
>

> Does this mean that I should create this directory manually?

Yes, the recipe handle only the files, not the full directory path to them.

> Further on the issue of single-signon and authentication:
>
> Is there a recommended method of logon between the following:
>
> 1.      AuthUser with hardcoded userid's and passwds in the wiki
>
> 2.      AuthUser with LADP access for existing userids + passwords
>
> 3.      Single-Signon with mod_auth_sspi in apache

IMHO, you should choose the method according to your
"exploitation-context". The answer to some questions like below may
help you to decide:

Are you dealing with one our more operating system?

How are your user authenticated on it/them?

In an heterogeneous enviroment, are the all the different auth
mecanisms synched together?

Is there a "politically-correct" way of leading user authentication in
your organization?

How many users are planned?

Do they really need to be authenticated individually?

--
Dominique