[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 14:37:46 CDT 2007

Saturday, June 16, 2007, 7:58:49 PM, Sandy wrote:

> I'd expect Site.SiteHeader to have stuff that's currently part of the
> skin, and as such not easy to suppress. (Depending on one's view of skin
> vs content.)

I have been using Site.PageHeader and Site.PageFooter
in Gemini, FixFlow and Triad skins to define the top- and bottommost
parts of the layout.

GroupHeader is in a way already a misnomer, as it defines the
top-of-content part: content which goes on top/before page content.
GroupFooter likewise.
ContentTop and ContentBottom would be more accurate.
But with these names firmly in use I think Site.AllGroupHeader
is quite useful, as it applies to all groups (and all
pages). Especially if it is turned off on a page with
(:nogroupheader:)

Perhaps an additional proposal:
Site.SiteHeader may be used as an alternative for GroupHeader:
if there is no GroupHeader page in a group, and there is
a Site.SiteHeader page, then that page gets used. If there is a
GroupHeader page, SiteHeader will not be used. Similar to
Group.SideBar and Site.SideBar.

  ~Hans