[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 16:19:16 CDT 2007

Saturday, June 16, 2007, 9:47:17 PM, kjettil wrote:

>> Perhaps an additional proposal:
>> Site.SiteHeader may be used as an alternative for GroupHeader:
>> if there is no GroupHeader page in a group, and there is
>> a Site.SiteHeader page, then that page gets used. If there is a
>> GroupHeader page, SiteHeader will not be used. Similar to
>> Group.SideBar and Site.SideBar
> If I at the start of discussion thought I understand Pm's question, I'm
> now completely confused. There seems to be quite a few interpretations.

I am truly sorry. This additional proposal of mine is not much thought
through. I like to withdraw it. It does not make much sense.

GroupHeader and GroupFooter are inserted in a group's page at the top
or the bottom of the page text (the content).
They can be used for groupwide visible text or markup or styles to be
applied to the group's pages.

An AllGroupHeader or AllGroupFooter page can deliver the same for all
pages in the wiki.

This is distinct as you point out from a Header and Footer space at
top and bottom of the visible webpage, which usually carry logo and
copyright notice, but also perhaps other page elements like a
searchbox, visitors counter etc.

So please ignore my proposal.

  ~Hans