[pmwiki-users] ID in wiki markups

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 18:19:12 CDT 2007

Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 11:06:43 PM, Guillermo wrote:

> Why  would an author like to write ids in a wiki page?
> (I think that  "class" is enought for more purposes)

Most often ids are not necessary and classes may work fine.
I use ids with the show/hide recipe, as it needs explicit ids for the
divs a toggle button acts on. If you repeat the same id later on it
will be ignored and the code fails, i.e. the toggle button does not
work. So if something fails it may give you an idea to check for
duplicate ids. But generally only use them if they are absolutely
needed, otherwise use classes.

Hans