[pmwiki-users] Recipe stability

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Wed May 2 03:10:50 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 09:19:42PM +0200, kjettil wrote:
>
>> My assessment of ZAP is now clear - thanks to the contributions over the
>> last 36 hours! But normally, it's a time consuming process to find out
>> which ones are in the rough.
>>

> I agree that it is very difficult to split the cookbook into
> "stable" versus "beta" groups, and it would also be difficult
> to move them from one group to another.
>
> This is also why we have the "Status:" line for each recipe.
>
> This does bring up another thought...  as opposed to having
> "ratings" or "voting" on recipes [1], what if we called them
> "endorsements"?
>
> [1]  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/41611
>
> Pm

personaly I'm not convinced about rating, cause what exactly are the
criteria of that rating? I'like it/don't like is pretty subjectiv.
Different needs needs different solutions, and that cant be expresst
with numbers from 0..5. So if there are 2 solutions one with 4 and one
with 5, which solution users choose?

What I would prefer is a set of extensions that have a status like
"reviewd". This extensions should meet a set of (to define) criteria like:

* meet a security standard (1)
* compatible to each other (2)
* no double solution for the exactly same

1)think of the zap security issue  at the moment.  When the code is
reviewd from pm and other programmers authors optimize there code and
all get convinced that extension could get the status "inner-circle"

2) small example, if I chose e-mailprotect and generatepdf, my email are
protected on the website but didn't display in the pdf output. Nice
would be  a mechanism that  minimises that try and erroor process a bit

grz nos