[pmwiki-users] authorization for pages which match a pattern

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Fri May 4 00:12:58 CDT 2007

Is there a way to do a sort of pattern-match for authorization
levels?

To explain:
I administer a wiki (which uses AuthUser), where for most groups,
anyone who is a user can edit any page.
I also have it set up so that every page can have an associated -Discuss
page, which is just a normal page (like -Talk pages in the Cookbook)
which users can edit in order to add discussion about the "base"
page.

What I need to be able to do is lock down the editing of one particular
group, let's call it Q, so that normal pages can only be edited
by a specific group of users, BUT the -Discuss pages should be able
to be edited by any user (that is, "id:*").

Yes, the obvious solution is to make an associated Q-Discuss group,
but that would mess up things that depend on the existing system
(that discussion pages are pages that end with -Discuss).

And it is not feasible to change the permissions on every individual
-Discuss page in that group (nor is it feasible to change
the permisions in every individual NON-Discuss page in that group).

Do not suggest ZAP or Fox; this wiki is using PmWiki 2.1.27; I am
not authorized to upgrade to 2.2 until it passes out of beta, and
my understanding is that both Fox and ZAP require version 2.2.

Kathryn Andersen