[pmwiki-users] FW: Installation Question: How to point web server topmwiki.php script on the server?

Peter K.H. Gragert p.k.h.gragert at skyaccess.nl
Sun May 6 12:41:32 CDT 2007

Hallo Karina,
The file pmwiki.php should not be renamed.
Rename it back with the help of an FTP-client (you used one to upload?!)
Next you should copy the file sample-config.php out of the doc directory
to the sibling directory local and rename it there to config.php.
This file is the heart for an administrator!
So download it and edit it with an ASCII editor (wordpad, vi, or ...)
Read the comments and remove the #'s , which make a LINE to comment (in
PHP).
You should at least change the files
$ScriptUrl = 'http://localhost/pmwikis/55plus_070503/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://localhost/pmwikis/55plus_070503/pub';
This is for my local tests, so you have to replace localhost/pmwikis (see
YOUR config.php to understand by comparing!) to your website and
place=directory, where pmwiki.php lives!

Important are too such lines as

$DefaultPasswords['admin'] = crypt('replacemebyyourpassword!');
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('passwordforediting');

To undestand this , read the security info of the wiki!

This line I love too:
$EnablePathInfo = 1;
This changes something like http://..../pmwiki.php?n=Main.Homepage
Into http://..../pmwiki.php/Main/Homepage