[pmwiki-users] Recipes and their updates [was: As we just talked about (:pagelist:) ...]

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 19 17:45:37 CDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 10:45:33PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Saturday 19 May 2007 21:55, IchBin wrote:
> > Just wondering about recipes and their updates. Once a recipe has been
> > updated ala emergency fix(s) or just a regular cycle are announcements
> > written out to:
> >
> > gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.announce,
> > gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.devel or
> > here in gamin.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user
> >
> > To new to know...

Recipe authors are welcome to send announcements to pmwiki-announce.  That
list is "moderated", so that messages wait for my approval before being
sent out, but I'll generally approve the message as soon as I see it.

> No, they are not, except for extremely big security problems. Most of the
> recipe authors just humbly update the recipe's documentation or talk-page,
> and it is better to have these on your watchlist, and check the recipe's
> release notes.
>
> Personnally, I use a "watchlist" combined with a "notify" and recieve an email
> about once a day if some of the pages in the watchlist were changed. See how
> to set this for yourself at:
>    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WatchLists
>    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Notify

There is also the RecipeCheck recipe, at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RecipeCheck , which allows a site to
quickly check the status of installed recipes and see if any updates
are available.