[pmwiki-users] french translation

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri May 25 12:39:48 CDT 2007

jdd wrote:
>> We noticed that the french PmWiki translation is far from perfect.

no so true :-)

most problems I see in the i18N-fr file I dl are not present on line
(good).

I spent some time lurking the wiki... always usefull :-)

Can I take for sure that the documentation included in the package is
a snapshot of the on line doc (langage relevant, of course)?

If so I think it would be usefull to add two small sentences on top of
the documentation index page:

"The documentation you find in the PmWiki package you download and
install (and the i18N file for languages others than english) are a
snapshot of the online doc, given just in case you don't have any
internet connection when needed. Always prefere the online one if you
can, it's more uptodate"

and

"Snapshot done <date>"

this could clarify the things :-))

Of course I could do this myself, but I'm too new to do so without
acknowledgement :-)

In this respect, I don't understand why the main page and the SideBar
are not translated in the i18N file when these pages exists online.

Is this a know issue? PITS issue?

thanks
jdd

--