[pmwiki-users] french translation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 25 14:07:50 CDT 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 07:39:48PM +0200, jdd wrote:

> Can I take for sure that the documentation included in the package is
> a snapshot of the on line doc (langage relevant, of course)?

Yes, it's a snapshot.  I'm still trying to figure out how to make
the snapshots more automatic.

> If so I think it would be usefull to add two small sentences on top of
> the documentation index page:
>
> "The documentation you find in the PmWiki package you download and
> install (and the i18N file for languages others than english) are a
> snapshot of the online doc, given just in case you don't have any
> internet connection when needed. Always prefere the online one if you
> can, it's more uptodate"
>
> and
>
> "Snapshot done <date>"

The first one might need a slightly different wording.

For getting a snapshot date into the per-language i18n files,
I recomend using a page text variable -- for example:

    {XLPage$:Version}

I can then have my archiving script automatically update the
(:Version:...:) variable in the XLPages to indicate the date
the snapshot is being taken.

> In this respect, I don't understand why the main page and the SideBar
> are not translated in the i18N file when these pages exists online.

At the moment it's just a matter of the i18n files being a little
out of date, I think.  Depends on exactly which pages you're referring
to.