[pmwiki-users] Insert Sections from One page into Another

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri May 25 16:40:36 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:33:49AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> Caveat: "All of the include directives below perform a straight text
>> inclusion. In particular, any page links in the included text are
>> assumed to link to pages in the current  group if not otherwise qualified."
>
> Starting with 2.2.0-beta, this is no longer true.  In 2.2.0-beta
> any page links and page variables in the included text are
> assumed to be relative to the page in which they are written,
> as opposed to the page that is currently displayed.

> Suppose Main.XYZ has a link that says [[ABC | some page]].  In
> 2.2.0-beta, this link will now always go to "Main.ABC",
> regardless of where Main.XYZ is being included from.  In previous
> versions, the link would go to the "ABC" page in the same
> group as the currently displayed group.

OK, but I can't imagine any scenario where, at least in
our universe of work flow documentation/project management
where we would want that behavior. The links in included
text sections will most certainly want to open their original
page.

What would be *cool* would be to have a way to force such
links (that are inside included text) to open as a new top page.
(so that the original page is not dismissed...)

e.g.

Group1.Page A: Baking.ChocolateChipCookies

has an include from

Group2.Page B: Baking-Documentation.Leavening#BakingPowder#BakingSoda

  and the latter paragraph-section that was included in Group1.PageA
had a link to another page in Group2.PageC

such that when one is in

Baking.ChocolateChipCookies

and there is a link in the  include from to

Baking-Documentation.Sifting

it would open  Baking-Documention.Sifting  as a new top window. such
that if i closed
it, the Group1.Page A: Baking.ChocolateChipCookies

--
Om shanti
(In  Peace)

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/