[pmwiki-users] Insert Sections from One page into Another

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri May 25 17:07:58 CDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 10:33:49AM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> > Caveat: "All of the include directives below perform a straight text
> > inclusion. In particular, any page links in the included text are
> > assumed to link to pages in the current  group if not otherwise qualified."
>
> Starting with 2.2.0-beta, this is no longer true.  In 2.2.0-beta
> any page links and page variables in the included text are
> assumed to be relative to the page in which they are written,
> as opposed to the page that is currently displayed.

Thanks for this explanation Pm! Very clarifying. But I'm curious the
reason why you made this change. Could you be so kind to give a brief
explanation why? I'm sure you've discussed it before, but it just hit
me what this means. With all the cutting edge stuff you are doing in
PmWiki there must be some very good reasons for the change. Could you
elaborate a bit?

Cheers,
Dan