[pmwiki-users] RSS feeds for wikipage within Group

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Nov 1 11:29:57 CDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 04:07:50PM +0000, Graham Archer - EMEA Sun Center Operations wrote:
> I have our wiki setup like this:
>
> GroupProject1.PagenameProject_A
> GroupProject1.PagenameProject_B
> GroupProject1.PagenameProject_C
>
> Currently the RSS feed references "Recent Changes" for the GroupProject1.
> This means that subscribers see updates for all projects within that group
> even though they only work on one project at a time and are not
> interested in the other project changes.
>
> I would like to allow the user to subscribe to a particular page within
> the same group, so that they only receive RSS updates for the page they are
> interested in.

Depends on what you expect an "RSS update" to contain.  Currently
PmWiki's RSS updates say little more than "this page was updated".

Still, any WikiTrail may be used as the source for an RSS
feed.  So, each person can create a page with a simple bullet
list of pages they're interested in, and then turn that page into
an RSS feed by using ?action=rss on the page.  To get the
most recently modified pages first, add ?order=-mtime .

For example, I can create a page called "Group.RSSList" that
contains

    * Group.Page1
    * Group.Page5
    * OtherGroup.SomeOtherPage
    * OtherGroup.AnotherPage

Then I can get an RSS feed consisting of just those four pages
by using:

    .../pmwiki.php?n=Group.RSSList?action=rss?order=-mtime

To add or remove pages from the list to be watched, I just
modify the Group.RSSList page.

If you really do want an RSS feed for just a single page, then try

    .../pmwiki.php?name=GroupProject1.PagenameProject_A?action=rss