[pmwiki-users] markup syntax for multiple page handling

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 05:34:52 CDT 2007

I am working on Fox capacity to process multiple pages.
It can do so already, but the syntax is a bit clumsy.
I am looking for a better syntax. This should allow passing
multiple pairs of page names, which will allow the script to construct
a target=>template array.

For instance I tried for a page copy syntax (no variable
substitutions):

   (:foxcopy TemplateA=Group.TargetA TemplateB=Group.TargetB ..:)

and use ParseArgs to parse the parameters.
But ParseArgs does not allow full pagenames on the left side, like

   Templates.TemplateA=Group.TargetA

Maybe I need to build a custom Parse Args function, maybe there is
another way? Ideal may be a multi-line syntax like:

(:foxcopy
Templates.TemplateA=>Group.TargetA
Templates.TemplateB=>Group.TargetB
:)

The separator could be different of course, but the layout makes for
easy reading and writing.

  ~Hans