[pmwiki-users] Installing pmwiki on Linux LAN server problem

Maria McKinley parody at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 28 23:57:10 CST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 8:33 PM, hua <kerabu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Recently my office swapped our old fileserver, an old NT, with Linux
> (Mandriva 2007 Free) server. As apache and php are running (this is my guess
> since phpinfo() return results) I eagerly install pmwiki  into
> /var/www/html/pmwiki. From my workstation, I fire-up Opera  and  put in the
> url as http://192.168.1.218/pmwiki/pmwiki.php. Nothing appears.
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers of what can I do to solve this? And I'm also
> kinda curious why phpinfo() seems to run while pmwiki doesn't seems to be
> parsed at all.
>

> TIA
>
> --
>
> hua

Is your work station on the same internal network as the server? The
ip you are giving is a private ip, so unless your workstation also has
a private ip on the same network, you certainly won't see anything.
When you say nothing appears, what exactly is it saying? Do you get a
404 error, some other error, or does it time out?

~maria