[pmwiki-users] Workaround for fox form redirection problem

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 14:12:06 CDT 2008

Saturday, April 12, 2008, 7:00:38 PM, Randy wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to redirect the user back
> to the calling page when a fox form encounters invalid input? The only
> thing I can think of is to use cookies, which I'm trying to avoid.

> On the calling page:
> {[foxedit label="MyTarget" form=MyForm]}

> On my form page I have:
> (:fox myform template=MyTemplate target=MyTarget redir={*$FullName}:)

> If the user provides invalid input on the form, the redirection after
> pressing submit or cancel fails. The user ends up staying on the form
> page.

I am failing to see the problem. Perhaps all you need to do is to
change the form to

(:fox myform template=MyTemplate target={$EditTarget} redirect=1 :)

{$EditTarget} is provided by FoxEdit. Any abort from submission
resulting from an invalid input determined by foxcheck will
take you back to the calling page automatically, and not leave you on
the form page. This improvements have been added to FoxEdit with the
last update 2008-03-29.

  ~Hans