[pmwiki-users] Indenting an entire table to line up with text.

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 23:16:31 CDT 2008

>> 	1. as a wikistyle - put
>> $WikiStyle['indent2']['margin-left'] = '80px'; to your config.php
>>
>> 	or
>>
>> 	2. as a CSS style - put .indent2 { margin-left:80px; }
>> to your CSS (pmwiki.css or other file depending on your skin)
>>
>> 	I prefer second option.
>>
>    Thank you.  The "... class=indent ..." worked and helps!
> However, I have no clue how to "add a class" and a 15 minute
> effort searching the PmWiki mail archives and PmWiki
> documentation rendered zero useful information.

I, too, have watched with amazement and envy (wink) as people have solved
problems with CSS.  It seems to be some kind of black box which those who
have the key are able to do marvelous things with...

Would it be possible for some of you in possession of this "key" to put
together a cookbook page with just some brief practical examples of how to
use CSS (Cookbook/Styles, perhaps)?  The examples would need to start at a
pretty basic level (i.e., "look for the pmwiki.css file in the
pub/skins/pmwiki directory and look for the line that looks like this and
add a line underneath" kind of thing).  I'm not thinking a 20-page tutorial,
but rather some practical examples (indenting a table, etc) with brief
explanations of things that can be accomplished with these styles...

A 20-minute "making a copy of the key" would be invaluable to those of us
keyless (clueless?) ones...

Thanks!

-Peter

PS Within pmwiki.org there are some pages that provide valuable portions of
what I'm looking for.  A partial list:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OverrideCSS
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CSSInWikiPages
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiStylesPlus (I believe some of this
has moved into core?)
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles (Maybe this just needs to be
expanded?)

PPS Broadening my search outside pmwiki.org brought me these which are at
least a partial answer to what I was looking for, but I still think it ought
to be a cookbook...
http://etc.nkadesign.com/Programming/PmWikiCSS
https://cs.stanford.edu/doc/PmWiki/WikiStyles