[pmwiki-users] Fox / ShoutBox - integrate the feature in xmlrpc

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 09:51:29 CST 2008

Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 2:50:41 PM, Stéphane Heckel wrote:

> Mainly used by desktop applications (ie, Blog, Live Writer...) to
> "monitor/pilot" the backend (here pmwki)
> I have added some functions already to the xmlrpc server to ie :
> - write PTV on a wiki page
> - execute "MarkupExpression" and return result as a text string to be reused
> in the desktop application

So you want to change pmwiki pages via a desktop application, but not
with a normal web-browser?

> What I would like to reuse (or simulate) is the following  (formating &
> writting a new message in a target page)
> (:foxtemplate "'''[[{$PageAuthId}|{$AuthId}]]''': {$$shout} - [-''{(ftime
> fmt="%d/%m %H:%M")}''-] [[<<]]":)

Do you mean you want to write a pmwiki page from your RPC application

'''[[{$PageAuthId}|{$AuthId}]]''': {$$shout} - [-''{(ftime fmt="%d/%m %H:%M")}''-] [[<<]]

(the content of the foxtemplate string)?
I still fail to see the connection to Fox.
Or perhaps I see that Fox is not relevant, as it is a script to
evaluate HTML form submissions and change PmWiki target pages
accordingly, i.e. it is a form processor. Nothing more.

do you need php functions which read  a wiki page content, add more
content, and save the new content back into the wiki page?
These functions are part of pmwiki.php, not fox.php, and we can
provide more details regards these.

Please correct me if I got your intentions wrong!

  ~Hans